Important: How to take a Taxi in Lima
Consider these extremely important tips when taking a taxi in Lima, Peru. PeruBybus brings you a guide to enjoy your travel without any inconvenience and with a safe transport.
How to take a Taxi in Lima
When you arrive to Peru, the landscapes, the history, the culture and the affection of the people receive you. As you travel around every corner of this ancient country, it is important to think of one of the safest means of transportation: the taxi. Therefore, we give you some tips on how to take one here.
#Keep in mind
The use of taxis is very frequent in the urban areas of Peru. According to the Municipality of Lima, more than 182 thousand taxis circulate in the capital only. Although the cost may be higher than other public transport services, you are able to get faster and more comfortably to your destination.
First steps for taking a taxi
Consider that, unlike other countries, Peruvian taxi drivers have different customs:
- They do not use a taximeter here, so do not get inside as soon as the vehicle stops. Before, it is important to negotiate the price with the driver. Ask the manager of the hotel or restaurant you are staying in (or, in the best case, someone you know) to tell you the best price to reach your destination.
- Keep in mind that many taxi drivers are informal and only go to close distances. If you hear something like: “no voy” (“I won’t go”), do not worry, just wait for another taxi. It is likely that the driver thinks that the distance and time will make the trip very difficult.
- Indicate the exact place where you are going. When there is no taximeter, the driver will charge you much more if you end up moving away from the point they agreed to at the beginning.
- Taxis don’t accept dollars. Make sure to change your money to the local currency. If you have dollars, for example, it is necessary that you go to an exchange house to have enough soles that will allow you to transport with ease.
- Taxi vehicles must have a checkered strip on each side. This means that they are registered and verified as public transport, which gives you more security. If you are going to take one in the street, you should preferably select one with these distinctions.
Security is first
When you are on the street, do not choose the first car that arrives and stops. Keep in mind some important recommendations such as:
- It must have four doors. If you are already inside, make sure that the handles and the insurance are in good condition.
- If someone has accompanied you to the taxi, ask them to take note of the vehicle’s license plate. That information is important in the face of any setback.
- Do not board a taxi that is stopped and waiting. It is preferable to wait for one who is in full circulation.
- Occupy the back seat of the car and always leave a window open for the vehicle to be ventilated. Take a look at the entire interior of the car to rule out any suspicious aspects.
Do you have access to the internet? Order the taxi through your smartphone
In Lima you can download several taxi applications on your cell phone. Some of them are Uber, Easy Taxy, TaxiBeat and Cabify. Both for Peruvians and foreigners it is a safer and easier option, since it has certain advantages:
- Once you have ordered the taxi, it will pick you up at the point you indicate. You can wait at the door of your hotel without any problem.
- The money they will charge you will not alter. From the beginning, it will be calculated based on the route, vehicle availability and time. You will also have the option to pay it in cash or through a credit card. Some apps even accept USD.
- The drivers’ profiles and license plates of their vehicles are registered, so you can check them out before you get in the car, and your friends and companions can annotate the data for greater security.
Whichever option you choose, always keep in mind that your safety comes first. Then you will have the trip you always dreamed of and make some very good memories.https://perubybus.com/things-to-know/how-take-taxi-in-lima/https://perubybus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/taximan-1024x768.jpghttps://perubybus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/taximan-150x150.jpgThings to knowPeru,Peru by bus,Taxi in lima,taxi in PeruConsider these extremely important tips when taking a taxi in Lima, Peru. PeruBybus brings you a guide to enjoy your travel without any inconvenience and with a safe transport. How to take a Taxi in Lima When you arrive to Peru, the landscapes, the history, the culture and the affection of...PeruByBusjavier firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorPeru By Bus